progress, artist block
Talking to some friends the other day, we were all mentioning that we haven’t been making much work. I remedied that by working on that damn rug that has been confounding me. It’s hard to work on things that aren’t meant for a specific project or show. Also, it turns out my hook was too small! Now that I’m using a larger one, it’s going a lot faster. Plus, I didn’t watch CSI this time, just put on some music. That seemed to help.
And here’s the before, although I didn’t think to take a photo right away. I actually started at the back of the letter E. My goal was to fill it in for the day.
I think one of my troubles on this is that I’m afraid it will be hard to read, so while I do really want to see it as an existing thing, I’m afraid it will be a lot of hours for nothing. I’m sure I can go back and make it more legible, though. It’s also easier to read from further away. The strange thing about working on art, is that while I’m working, I get more ideas. So my dreadful lack of ideas is really caused by not making things. I’m excited about the next one, and it should be a fast project, as well. I’ll keep it as a surprise, which doesn’t happen a lot with textile work.
Yay, I made a real blog post! Goodbye!