The usual nasty rusting smell was replaced with the smell of garden soil. Who knew? I’ll take pictures of the dried/cleaned pieces sooner or later. I need to get one of those silk-softener washes.
Other things of interest(of the less moldy variety):
- We got the apartment! We’ll be moving either August 31st in the afternoon, or September 1st. I’m SO excited for my own space. Still no word on if my dad can bring my couch before he goes on holidays. If he doesn’t, we’ll just have to hover for a month, I guess.
- I’ve still been seeing the psychologist. She’s made me do a few scary things like call someone about an apartment listing from her office(awkward!) and check my grades(I still hadn’t). The homework is now to do small embarrassing things on purpose to prove to myself that nothing bad will happen, like switch spots on the c-train a bunch of times. I have been nervous about this.
- I got a grad check email from the registrar about the classes that webservice won’t let me register for, because I need them to graduate. I replied and mentioned the problem(again!) and haven’t received a reply. One of the social-anxiety things that has plagued me this summer was to go in and get this sorted out. It’s so frustrating! And this other girl had the exact same error on registration day, she emailed them and they fixed it immediately. This makes me nervous because why didn’t they do that, unless I am getting the error because I really am missing a prerequisite. ARGH
- I submitted the embroideries for the Contextural exhibition. Somehow, it took an hour and a half to put them up with eight pins. The stitches had warped the squares a bit, because they were precut ones my mom had at her house(I was desperate for materials and didn’t want to wait to use uncut cloth). Since they weren’t quite straight, we ended up drawing a map on paper to match all the tops and then put the pins through the paper into the wall.
- I witnessed an epic tantrum at work yesterday. Read about it on Childfree, if you want.